Thursday, March 17, 2011

The Rain in Spain... Sean's Solo Trip


OK Kimmie... here it is. I'm blogging; is that a verb? or is it, I blogged today. Anyways, for those not in the 'know', I'm in Spain on business (hee hee). It IS true for the second week. This week I decided to take a few days and enjoy the sights and sounds of Madrid without my truly beloved. Later I will write something on flying solo on vacation... more research needed. As a preview of that discussion, I've observed that there is a knack to NOT looking like a pervert... look like you're suppose to be there. A laptop helps, a book, a map, a blank lost stare... oops, that's a pervert thing, isn't it? You see... I've never really gone anywhere by myself except on business. I'm a planner and I don't necessarily like surprises... except if I can eat it or drive it... just a boy?! Thus, waking up every morning without a list is disarming. I like lists... I apologize to all men that take a list as a sign of feminine control. Men, in general, organize their work environment, their car trunks, their work clothes and workshops; everything else... chaos theory! Except Bruce Simmons. Soooo, for the last few days, no list, no plan, no guide, no translator, no #$% spanish phrase book (that was on Kim's list)... and I'm doing OK. Now, I will attempt to share the trip... the good, bad and boring! BTW... this is the intro. One main theme per post... right? Otherwise, it may get a bit unruly.

4 comments:

  1. I am soooo glad you are blogging. I can live vicariously thru your eyes. Thanx, Honey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jess... did you notice the Haagen Daaz sign on the building? Why, oh why, are these trips wasted on infidels?

    ReplyDelete