Sunday, July 17, 2011

Kim and Sean on the Labrador

This is Guy. And below is Rifflin Hitch from the air.





So.... I have this friend, Gudie, whom some of you may know. She built a fishing lodge on the Eagle River sixteen years ago. She was lucky enough to have sold it and STILL gets to run it. How awesome is that? Every year she invites Sean and myself up for a fishing trip but it is always at the end of August when we are bringing kids back to university or moving them from one side of Montreal or Fredericton to the other. We have finally made it. If I had known what I was missing I would have drowned the kids years ago.

Guy (Gee) the pilot, picked us up in the Caravan in Deer Lake yesterday. It was a dark and dismal day at home. Cold and rainy. An hour and a half later we arrived at Rifflin Hitch to sunshine and HOT weather. Gudie greeted us at the ladge with chapagne. Lunch was crabcakes prepared by Vincent Scigliano, chef at Gio in Halifax. They were to die for. I brought him a grab bag of vegeies and fruit from 'The Greenhouse' so a spit of tarragon ended up in lunch and the chocolate mint found it's way to the fruit salad that we had for dessert. Sean and I LOVE to eat and I have to admit it was one of my better meals.

Geared up for fishing after lunch but the wind was easterly and I didn't get a nibble. Sigh.

Supper was to die for. My God... this place is incredible and the food is the best part. That will give you some idea of how good it was. Lamb. My fav.

Died after supper. The excitement was way to much for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment