Monday, January 19, 2009

Preparing for India

Sean:
We finally got our Visas for India... If you know me... really know me... you would know that I often overly prepare for journeys. Sean's bible is always a small binder of photocopies of passports and cardcredits, immunization records and health insurance (crap... forgot health insurance!). This trip is a little more complicated because of the unknown aspects of the journey and the fact that I don't feel prepared. Every scenario is popping into my mind and frankly, no level of preparation can prepare you for everything... so, I'm relaxing.

Note to reader... apply for your India Visas at least a month in advance... ignore the website's 'week turn-around' time of one week. Ours took two weeks but only because of an angel at Gerry Byrne's (our local Member of Parliament) office. Lisa Snow, after receiving a call from me on January 16 concerned that we will never have our passports and visas in time, launched operation 'Kim and Sean to India'. She called the Indian Consulate, the Passport Office, set up three-way conference calls between government officials and Kim and me... went way beyond her responsibly to the constituents. 6:48am this morning, our 'mole' at the post office called, "Your Visas arrived!"

So from now until Thursday (5:50am departure - I think Air Canada could make it a little earlier if they tried!), its time to finish my work responsibilities and try to find more gifts for kids.

... Oh! health insurance, batteries, passport photos for our Nepal excursion and photocopies.... lots of photocopies!

No comments:

Post a Comment