Thursday, January 22, 2009

Kim here

I know it is there.... I can't see it, but I know! A big giant 'L' on my forhead. And, Sean has one, too. We booked an airport shuttle two days ago and confirmed it yesterday. Of course at 4:30 this morning when he arrived there was only room for one person. We jumped in our car thinking we would just leave it at the airport. I got out with the luggage and lined up to wait for Sean while he parked the car. Just as I got to be 'next', Sean came in looking for security. Seems the mechanical bar that lets the car thru was not working. He found security and she dawdled out in slow motion complaining that we have a new multi million dollar extension on the airport and nothing works. Sean did NOT hit her even tho the desire was overwhelming. When he finally met me inside we tried to give the keys to the Air Canada desk for someone to pick up the vechicle, but they don't do that anymore. 'L'!!!!!!!! We then got to sit next to the 350 lb. guy that snored like a banshee all the way to Halifax. It is a good thing we can laugh at these things. I am so glad I am travelling with Sean and not one of those horrible people that cannot take upset in their plans. We are spending the night in Newark and off to Delhi tomorrow. Hope I can find computers easily there!

14 comments:

  1. I'M READING YOUR BLOG. JUST SO YOU KNOW.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys made the Front page of today's Western Star! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a good trip. Remember -if it hasn't been cooked to rat-s*** don't eat it. Oh and if it smells bad -it probably tastes really good. Have fun. Judi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim and Sean, BOA VIAGEM!!!! Enjoy your time in India!!! BOA Best Regards! Ale

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, you two seem to have the very worse luck with Air Canada and I seem to have the very best luck.

    Have a great time.....eat a little dirt so you system can get up to speed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAH. NOW I'M READING YOUR BLOG MORE THAN YOU'RE POSTING ON YOUR BLOG.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm reading your blog twice as much as jesses reading your blog.
    Glad to hear Air Canada's still awesome, next time i fly im just going to lite my shoe on fire in the airport and see where it takes me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You two have just as much luck when you travel as we do. I had to smile when I started to read it, it all sounds so familiar. I am glad that you both are such easy going people and you will have a great time no matter what.Have Fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So..... are you there yet? And with or without baggage? I am still in BC . home next MOnday THE 2nd.
    Travel safe and have fun on this the first of a few '50' things

    g

    ReplyDelete
  10. 6 days since you've posted. Should we be worried? Hope you're having a great time and seeing all kinds of crazy things!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi guys. It seems your friends are thinking of you more than you are thinking of us. Sure hope you are well and not communicating with us because no time between the fun. Missed you at Bruce's last night (Cook Night). We expect indian food on your return.

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  12. So am I going to be inheriting a big life insurance policy? Or are they not going to fork it over if you've gone missing? Bodies people, I want bodies (preferably alive and capable of emailing).

    PS - Dad and I are going to send the consulate after you as retributive punishment for the Zoo Trip incident.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm with Jesse (although I don't think I'm in in the will)-is it time to start getting worried yet??

    Remember, never just let them take you to ANY hospital. The first words out of your mouth should always be "call the Canadian Embassy".

    Hope you're having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey - I am going by the notion that no news is good news..........but we'd all love to hear from you sooner than later!

    AND listen to Judi - if you do get in trouble know those words in every possible language -
    " call the Canadian Embassy "

    Enjoy yourselves -

    G

    ReplyDelete