Thursday, February 5, 2009

Kim's Sick


What was I saying about the giant 'L' on my forehead? I drew the short straw this time. Must have eaten something a little off while trompsing around Time's Square in New York. About 2 hours into the flight I started ejecting things from all orifices. Four hours in I was praying for the terrorists to take it down and by the time I deplaned in Delhi it was in a wheelchair. Nothing quite like being sick at 35,000 feet. And, I was in the center seat of the middle row to boot. I finally curled up next to the loo and stayed their till they let me into first class. I'll stoop to just about anything to get one of those hot wipes. I really can't find anything good to say about the stewardesses on Continental. There was one decent one. She took sympathy on me because she gets airsick. Can you believe that?

The first couple of days are a blur. The two hour bus ride to our accomodations (I won't call it a hotel because that would be misleading you) was hell. By the time we got there I was throwing up stuff left from Christmas. I was really down to the bottom of the barrell. After returning to bed from the bathroom for the 106th time that niteI heard Sean in his squeakiest voice saying 'India, she says. I want to go to India. Let's go to India.' It has become his mantra for the trip.

4 comments:

  1. oh boy do I know where you are comming from When I was going to Mt A I was sick from the time we left P aux B till we got to N sydney praying for a sub to torpedo us

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Kim...I have had the condition and I know how miserable you were. to be in an airplane is more than I can imagine....and on a long flight even worse!!! I feel so bad for you.

    I guess the food in India will look good compared to that. Hope you are feeling better. Barb Daniell is here and comiserates with you and sends a big hug.

    Hope things improve....DON'T wanna go to India...that is my mantra.

    xo
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor mommy, i hope your feeling better soon, this is the first i've checked the blog in a while i didnt think there would be anything on it seeing as i only got one shitty little email so far :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I'm just beginning to follow your blog and I'm not so sure I can read the rest if it doesn't get any better for you!! Ha Ha

    ReplyDelete