Saturday, February 14, 2009

Bat Cave



Sean found out about a bat cave here this morning, so you know what we did. The bats were fascinating. Over 5000, all asleep and hanging from the ceiling. Bats are a piece of cake for us. It was the crawling thru the cave on your tummy that was a bit challenging. The walls and floor were slippery as hell so you could not get a grip on anything. There was a Japanese couple behind us dressed for New Year's Eve. He was wearing a pinstriped suit and those stupid patent leather shoes that look like they are much to long for your feet. She was wearing a silk salwar kammeez and a pair of silver Cinderella slippers, the kind that just have a strap across the front and nothing to hold your heel in. We are talking major caving here! I was wearing my hiking boots and almost turned around and went back because I thought I was going to slip and kill myself.

At the end of the trip, we slithered thru an opening that just barely accommodated Sean's shoulders ( I did not think that it would) and Missy was right behind. Out came the Cinderella slippers and then her lovely unstained outfit. If only I were a real girl!

2 comments:

  1. Hey - Travel safe on your journey home...cannot wait to hear all the stories

    G

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi you two, are you nuts? crawling in a cave looking for bats, I was at the museum here in Toronto I took pictures of the bats [not real ones]hanging in make believe caves that was behind glass and it gave me the creeps. you guys Have fun, that's what life is all about.

    ReplyDelete