Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The Sacred Cow


In the Hindu religion, the cow is sacred. This happened about 5000 years ago for sociological reasons. The cows were being killed for meat but needed for milk. the priests of the time declared them sacred to keep then in production.

To watch these girls roam anywhere they want and do anything they want is mind boggling. The owners set them adrift in the morning and they saunter thru the market stealing any food they choose. The shop keepers just ignore them because they are sacred. They wander the highways as tho they own them. When the sun starts to fade in the evening sky they find their way home for the night.

2 comments:

  1. I made the mistake of calling my better half sacred after that post. She ended up feeding me Indian food tonight though, so I guess she forgave me.

    ReplyDelete