Saturday, October 25, 2014

Breakfast

I wonder what came first.... the island of Java or the nickname for coffee.  This island has the best coffee I have ever tasted. 
 Morning coffee.  The blob in the center is where I put the seven spice mixture from below.  Best coffee ever.
This holds sugars and spices for the coffee.  The one with the spoon is a seven spice mixture (that they tell me is a secret), the one in the center is a different spice mixture and the one to the left is cinnamon with something else.  They are all delicious.  The ones in the front are all sugars.
 Breakfast fruit.  Watermelon, honeydew, cantaloupe, papaya and guava
 Traditional Indonesian breakfast.  The only words I could understand were mushrooms and banana flowers.  I recognize the rice.  Sean had an omelette 2 days in a row... and a club sandwich for lunch yesterday.... sigh.
This is Soursap juice.  I have no idea what it is but it is delicious.  Yesterday I had the guava juice and it was deadly.  There are a dozen to choose from but people stare at you when you stand by the juice bar and try all of it.

These are the two musicians that play and chant at breakfast.  They have a drum behind them in the middle that they play as well.  It is very subtle and soothing music.

1 comment:

  1. Buy some coffee and 5 spice powder!!
    Great blog...thanks.
    Have Fun. Don't eat the chicken.


    Donna

    ReplyDelete