Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Sleep


Those of you who know me, well know that I do not sleep at the best of times.  Throw into that 2 days of airline travel, the time change and the crossing of the International Date line.  NOW, lets top it up a notch with the 'call to prayer' that echos over Muslim cites at 3:45 each morning.  The mosques have loudspeakers so that there is not a chance that any Muslim within hearing range is going to sleep thru it.  Unfortunately,  it wakes the rest of us, too.   To make matters worse, we have a rooster living just underneath our balcony.  This rooster does not sound as if it is an early morning riser and when it is awakened by the Imam, before sunrise, it begins its half hearted crowing and keeps it up till the sun is well overhead.  Last nite my body and mind finally caved to its desperate  need for some shut eye and I slept thru the nite.  Today I feel as tho I have won the lottery.  This video, with sound, was taken during evening prayer from our hotel balcony.  The rooster was resting up for its strenuous morning activity.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment