Sunday, November 9, 2014

Stupid Sean and his Stupid Physics Degree

I don't like flying.  By the end of this trip we will have taken 15 flights.  That is a LOT of sweating. Add to that the fact that all I have been able to think about since I have arrived in Asia is that stupid Malaysian aircraft that I have been so obsessed with for the last 6 months.

So, I am sitting in my seat, sweating profusely, at the end of the runway in Tacloban.  The pilot puts on the brakes and revs the engines to full thrust.  Sean leans over and says 'Do you know why he is doing that, Honey?'   I don't want to know and I don't care , but he perseveres.  'It is because the runway got washed away in the cyclone and there is barely enough left to get this thing off the ground.'  I really don't know why I stay with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment