Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Back in Argentina

This is a photo from my second story office window of our first two greenhouses. The snow is close to level with the window

After much finagling I am back in Argentina. This is Sean's fifth time here but only my second. Somehow Model Forest seems to arrange trips during my busy times at work but luckily I was able to fit this one into my work schedule. I have left my friends and family with the responsibility of tending seedlings shoveling out greenhouses and feeding cats. Thank you Gudie, Paige and Daddy. How would I manage without you?

The trip did not go entirely smoothly. Air Canada has my name flagged in their system and whenever I am traveling they arrange for mechanical difficulty. The flight in Halifax was delayed and I barely made my connection in Toronto. I did make it tho and that is all that counts. Twenty seven hours of traveling and I stepped off a plane to thirty degrees. It was like heaven after the brutal week of shoveling that I had.

I LOVE South America. I love the sing song rhythm of the Spanish language. I love the warmth of the people here. I love the mountains and the incredible scenery. Somewhere in my distant past there must be some South American blood. I feel like I have come home.

No comments:

Post a Comment