Saturday, February 19, 2011

Folk festival in Cafayate

This photo was taken from our hotel window at 6:00 in the morning. The party was still going strong!


Martha must have known that I was an 'early to bed and early to rise' person when I booked in. I went into her hotel to ask about vacancies and between broken English and sign language she let me know that it was the most important weekend of the year with the folk festival taking place. She warned me that I would not get any sleep. The music started at 11:30pm and ended at 6:30 am. It could be heard for miles around. I do not know how Argentinians cope... they to not seem to sleep. Martha was wrong, tho. I slept like someone dead. The few times I did regain conciousness, I thought the music was damn good!

No comments:

Post a Comment