Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Renting a car


Renting a car in a foreign place is a bit like having a baby. When Jesse was born I went in the hospital one day, a free and independent woman. Two days later they put me out on the street completely unprepared for what lay ahead. Hertz did the same thing. We dealt with an agent who could not speak any English and signed a document we did not understand. He gave us the keys and a map half the size of the palm of my hand and turned us out onto one of the busiest streets in Tucuman. Bruce advised us to get an English speaking GPS but there was nothing available. I guess it is not quite like having a child. I am still stumbling thru that.... the car will be returned in a week. The above photo is of our GPS, Mariano.... what do you think of that, Brucie?

No comments:

Post a Comment