Thursday, February 24, 2011

Street Tango




Tango is everywhere in Argentina, even on the streets. These photos are taken of dancers on Avenida Florida where a number of busker types spend the day performing and then passing the hat for tips. Unlike many other buskers that I have seen in other places, they do not intimidate for money but present the hat only to people with their hand held toward it who obviously want to make a donation.
These dancers were setting up when I walked by at 9:30 a.m. and when I returned at 4:00 in the afternoon they were still dancing. It was as hot as Hades and I was perspiring just watching them. Just look at the heels the girls have on! Can you imagine spending the day in those babies? If you look closely, you can see that both girls are wearing support stockings and I would not be a bit suprised if the gentleman is as well.

The dancing was incredible.

No comments:

Post a Comment