Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Buenos Aires


Sean and I spent Sunday nite at the same hostel we stayed at last time we were here. Portal del Sur has the same warm atmosphere that I remember from last time. The roof top bar where one can catch a breeze is a bonus in that hot, humid city. They now have a travel agency on the third floor where most travel arrangements can be made. Estevan, the chap working there, worked in reception last time we were here. Lucky for him he is sweet or I would choke him. He arrives late, leaves early and spends the day on the rooftop trying to pick up unsuspecting young women. Being a mother I felt it my duty to lecture him on the perils of having many partners. He has promised me that he will spend all of his future tips on condoms. That is a bit of a double edged sword, is it not? Should I wish for him to make lots in tips or not?

We spent our one evening in BA strolling the cobblestone streets of Florida Avenue. We had a fabulous meal in an outdoor cafe while listening to a street player serenading us with blues and jazz from his saxophone. There are things about being in the city that I love.

Tomorrow we take a flight to Tucuman in the north western part of the country and we will begin our travels.

No comments:

Post a Comment