Saturday, February 19, 2011

Driving and Marriage




I am perfectly happy to critisize Sean's driving from the passenger seat. I kind of enjoy having a chaffeur whilst I sit back and enjoy the scenery. He got sick of that and finally decided that I should drive, halfway along the #9 from Salta to Jujuy. This road is a series of 'S' turns, closely spaced in dense rainforest (named that way because it pours rain!) that consists of 1 1/2 lanes, altho there are two lanes of traffic. On one side there is steep drop with no gaurd rail... on the other it goes straight up the mountainside. There is barely a spot to pull over let alone change drivers! He complained that his fingers were numb, probably from gripping the wheel for dear life! I had not yet driven the car and, there I was, behind the wheel trying to figure out where the gears and the wipers were whilst avoiding uncoming traffic in MY lane, in pouring rain with a death sentence just waiting on the passenger side of the road. It was tenuous to say the least. The interesing part was that I did not have to brake nearly as much from the drivers seat as I did from the passengers and I was actually able to increase my speed by 10 klicks. We have decided that we like being married to one another so in future, I will drive... Sean will navigate. This is how it shall be. Who was it that said that the Thistle girls like control?

No comments:

Post a Comment